Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ladybug Birthday


I made this card for a friend for her birthday.  She loves ladybugs and I loves images from Mo's so this little cutie, called Bye Bye, is perfect!!  I found this image last fall and knew I wanted to use her for Martha's birthday!  I didn't have alot of patterned paper in the colors I wanted to use so I felt challenged to make this card interesting.  I used the sketch from Friday Sketchers to make my card.  Since I was low on these papers I found it a little challenging, but I added that great lace from my stash (it must be vintage by now! lol) and I think thats ok for the square in the upper right corner.  I used my artistic license I suppose.  I am also entering this card in the Wild Orchid Challenge.  This time the challenge is to use dies or punches.  I used both.  I used my Spellbinders large cirlces and a Martha Stewart border punch (I don't remember the name).  I also used the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder to emboss the white circle.

Of course I added flowers from Wild Orchid.  My cards don't look complete without them!  I added Stickles to the roses and cherry blossom. The pink heart stick pin is also from Wild Orchid and the white bead spray (I don't know what else to call it) is from the bridal department at Hobby Lobby.  I just pull the pieces apart and they look great.  Not too expensive either!

I guess that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment