Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dragonfly Box

I posted a box earlier today using this same pattern.  This one is completely different and I love how it turned out.  First, the dragonfly paper is from a DCWV stack by Susan Winget, called Nature.  I cut it to size and tore the edges.  Then I used antiquing gel to distress the edges.  The paper underneath is from the same pad.  I edged it with gold Stickles.  I strung some Mill Hill beads on #12 pearl cotton and added a butterfly bead.  The flowers are from Wold Orchid except for the tall purple....thing.  That came from the floral department at Hobby Lobby.
This picture shows the lace I added to the sides.  Also, you can see that I used the antiquing gel again on all the edges of the sleeve and drawer.
I embellished the drawer with a bow (from my stash), some stick pins with beads from my daughter's stash and a Wild Orchid rose.  The bottom is also embellished, but for some reason the computer would not upload that photo.  I used the other corner of the dragonfly paper that has an orchid-like flower.    I added a bead to each corner to act as feet and, of course, my custom stamp that I edged with gold stickles this time.

I would like to enter this box in the following challenges:

Wild Orchid - wings
The Shabby Tea Room - doilies/lace

Thanks for taking a peek!

Hugs,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. How beatuiful ! Love the beading and the sprig of flower. Have a happy easter

    ReplyDelete