Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Prayer Box

Welcome to my blog today!  I don't have a card for you, instead I have a Prayer Box I was asked to make for a friend.  It was fun to put together, I hope you like it.
First, let me apologize for the terrible lighting in my pictures.  One of these days I will get this figured out.  I bought a paper mache box at Hobby Lobby.  I painted it dark chocolate brown.  Then I added a layer of Crackle medium.  Then painted it buttermilk on top.  I really like the way it cracked.  The lace is from my stash, but the cute blue ribbon is from My Mind's Eye.
The ribbon is from my stash, but all the flowers are from Wild Orchid.  I added some clear Stickles to bling them up a bit.  I used my computer to print the verses.  The pearls on the line are from the bridal department.  They are so pretty.
Here are some of the cards I made for the inside.  I used an old floral stamp for the background.  I love my Nestabilities Labels 4 dies.  They are so beautiful.

I'm entering my box in the following challenges:

Wild Orchid Challenge Blog - Brown and Blue
Cooking It Up With Katie - Anything But a Card

That's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek today!

Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is fabulous, what a brilliant gift! Thanks so much for joining us at WOC this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous box! What a fantastic idea.
    Thanks for joining us at WOC this week.
    Hugs Kylie xx

    ReplyDelete