Saturday, November 5, 2011

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Hello and welcome to my blog.  Today I have a different card than what I usually do.  I used an image from a digital collage sheet that I bought from Gallery Cat on etsy.  You can get it here.  It is a beautiful image, the whole sheet is actually, and the quality is outstanding!  She has some other great sheets and I know I will be going back for more!
Isn't he great?  The colors are wonderful, although I have to admit I feel like I was cheating because I didn't color an image, but my work could never compete with this, so I am happy with this card!  :)
The DP is from MME.  The stack is called Oh Christmas Tree.  I embossed the green paper with a Sizzix folder called Evergreen.  The flowers are, of course, from Wild Orchid, as is the pin I embellished with beads from my stash.  The ribbon, lace, thread, feathers and glittery ball.... things are also from my stash.  I added red and clear Stickles to my flowers and gold Stickles to the edge of my tag.
On the inside I used some stamps from Inkadinkado (Christmas Silhouettes) to enhance the corners.  The sentiment is from the same set.  I added a gold brad to the holly leaves.  I used red stickles and green pearls on the sentiment panel.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Wild Orchid - Santa Claus is coming to town
CLP - sketch
Delightful Challenges - A Very Sparkly Christmas

That's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek today!

Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work. So many gorgeous details.
    Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts.

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete