Saturday, December 10, 2011

Joyful Christmas Wishes

Hello, friends!  Thanks for stopping by today.  I have another Christmas card to show you today ('tis the season!).  I used a great image from Whimsy and Stars Studio.  They are called Winter Friends.  There's a sale on digis over there right now so hop on over and grab some of these great images!  :)


I colored this pair of cuties with my Prismacolor pencils and embellished all her "fur" (and the pinecone) with MS tinsel glitter  :)  Great stuff!!



The challenge this time at Wild Orchid is to make an easel card.  They are so much fun (and fewer panels for me to decorate, though it still took just as long somehow.  I don't know why exactly).  I followed the sketch over at Sketch & Stash and used some ribbon that I've had for ages.  The MS border punch has been sadly neglected for a few months as well.  The beads came from my daughter's stash so I am helping her out too  ;)  lol  I embossed the brown panel with my Cuttlebug "snowflake" folder.  It sure is getting alot of work this year.  The challenge at Cupcake Craft Challenges is to make your own background paper.  So i embossed the brown then used a foam brush and a white ink pad to lightly brush some color across the snowflakes.  The corner embellishments are from Memory Box.  I got mine from Simon Says Stamp.  You can get yours here.


The bottom inside panel roughly follows the same sketch only simplified and turned 90 degrees.  I made the sentiments on my computer.


I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Wild Orchid - make an easel card
Sketch & Stash - Sketch (a fabulous one too!)

I guess that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful easel card, Michelle! Your image is adorable and I love the embossed background and the die cuts you have used! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Michelle, I love the richness of colour you've achieved too.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    lol Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card! Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work and you have created some fab DIY DP. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic card.... I just love everything about it :) I especially love the fancy snowflake corner dies... am gonna have to get me them for next yr LOL :)

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... Good luck :)

    hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh..my.. your easel card is beautiful!
    Lovely details and image!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
    Hugs Anne Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle,
    This looks fab. Love your image. Your colouring is fab & the embellishments are perfect. Great interpretation of our sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketch & Stash.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete