Wednesday, March 23, 2011

For My Shy Boy

I made this card using a great image from Mo's Digital Pencil.  He's such a cutie called Shy Valentine Jason.  I love using digital images because I can make them any size I want.  I wanted this card to be special, without it being too girlie, so I left off any flowers and added green to my favorite purple.  I painted my image with acrylics.  The border punch is from Martha Stewart.  It's so cute, it's great for children's cards or whimsical images.  I added pearls to the corners, it can't be too plain.  The papers are from a K&Co pad by Susan Winget called Botanicals.  I love the colors and that I can make masculine and feminine cards from this pad.
I am entering this card in Mo's Challenge Blog.  The challenge this week is to use a boy image.  Since I have 2 little boys, it was fun to make something for them.  I made an easel card, which are so fun to display.  I used my Nesties (Labels 4) for the journaling spot on the inside.  The top stays up with more adhesive pearls.  (Love those things!)

I guess that's it.  Thanks for taking a peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment