Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shopping Our Stash #89

Happy, happy Tuesday!  The weather is slightly warmer and the snow is melting.  It's a good day!  Today it is time for another challenge over at Shopping Our Stash and it's a pretty easy one.  This week we want to see a birthday card.  We always need those don't we?

I used the sketch over at CLP Challenge Blog and they are always gorgeous and the Design Team is always inspirational.
 I chose a sweet image from Pretty Little Stamps.  She is called Cammy with Gifts.  She was so fun to color with my Prismacolor pencils.  Isn't she a beauty?
 My papers are all MME.  I love these papers!  I inked and sewed the layers, then I added vintage lace and pearls by the yard down the side.  The beads in the upper right were in my daughter's stash.  I strung them and sewed them to the card.  You may recall that we have been asking you every other week to dig into your oldest stash.  Well, that's not this week but I did exactly that.  The flowers are probably 5 years old.  My local craft store has a yard sale every September.  The porcelain flowers have been in her sale forever!  The first time I went to the sale I bought several packages since they were 90% off and I have only used a couple flowers.  When I was deciding on flowers to add these caught my eye and the colors are actually a great match!  Score!!  They are somewhat tall so I decided to put some cheesecloth behind them to give them something to rest in.
 Here's the inside.

It's been a while since I have really embellished a card like this (at least it feels like it has been) and I am loving how it turned out.

Now it's your turn.  Dig into your stash and make a fun birthday card to share with us!

I am entering my card in the following challenge:

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Super frilly & fussy! I love how it turned out, Michelle :) Such a gorgeous colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those MME papers too! actually, i cannot think of the MME line i do *NOT* like, for that matter, but you've used these especailly fabulously, and i LOVE the way you colored that sweet stamp with your prismas!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, and wonderfully designed!!

    xo
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooo...lovely and vintagey, Michelle! That image is so sweet and your coloring is great. Love the DP's and the delicate flower grouping!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete