Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ice Cream for Justin

Hello hello!  Welcome!  Pull up a seat and enjoy your stay!

Today I have a card for the challenge over at Mo's Challenge Blog.  The theme this week is "In the Doghouse".  I chose the sweet image called Justin's Ice Cream.  I have a boy named Justin so this was a no-brainer!
I used my Prismacolor pencils to color this little guy.  I also used some wool fibers from my stitching stash to make the stitches in the corners.
 I have so many girlie DP a boy card can be a challenge.  I've bought quite a few new papers lately so I wanted to use something from my stash.  I didn't have alot of these DP so I don't have as many layers as usual but I think it turned out ok.  The fence is a new die I bought from Simon Says Stamp.  You can find it here.  The sentiment is from a $1 set at Joanns.
 Here's the inside.  I used the same sketch on both sides and added the rest of the fence.
 The ribbon and buckle are holding a gift certificate I got my boy at a local ice cream shop.  See?  It's for Justin  :)  It seemed like a fitting gift to go in here.
And the back.

I am entering my card in the following challenge:
Mo's Challenge Blog - In the Doghouse

I think that's it.  Time to watch the Yankees beat the Red Sox!  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. He's fabulous Michelle! I just don't have the skills yet to do kraft coloring well or I should say the skin part anyway I'm still figuring out how to do it right with my Copics. LOL I'm sure you're Justin will love his card and the goodie inside. :-) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Mo's this week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete