Sunday, August 12, 2012

SSiC #152

Hello friends!  Welcome to my little corner of blog land.  I hope you enjoy your stay!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.  The lovely Traci is our hostess this week and she has chosen our verse and challenge this time.

"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be  also.  And where I go you know, and the way you know.  Thomas said to Him, 'Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?'  Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me.'"

For those of us who have put our hope and trust in Jesus as our Lord and Savior we have the blessed hope of a home in heaven someday.  Jesus said He was going to prepare a place for us so we could be with Him.  What a comfort to know when we leave this life we have a home waiting on the other side.  How can you be sure of this blessed assurance?  Jesus tells us.  "No one comes to the Father except through Me."  We need to believe in the atoning work of Jesus on the cross.  He shed His blood to pay for our sins so that the Father would see us white as snow.  Our sins are forgiven.  Jesus paid the price. We can't do anything to earn our way to heaven.  It's only by accepting His free gift that we can gain entrance to heaven someday.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any one should boast. "  Ephesians 2:8

He has gone to prepare a place for us.  Our new home!  I can't wait for the day to see my Savior face to face, until then I will live each day for His glory.  I hope to see YOU in heaven too!

Traci has asked us to make a card with something that reminds us of home.  I had to think about that for a while but an idea finally started forming in my mind and I hope you like what I came up with.
 The top of my card is made of 5/8in. squares forming a copy of a quilt I have hanging in my foyer.  The bottom of the card is a beautiful hydrangea DP that has been in my stash for years!  I crocheted the flowers with some pearl cotton to represent the extensive flower beds in my front/side yard.  The lace is from my grandma's stash and is very old.  We live in a farm house that was built in 1850.  Someday I hope our grandchildren will come and explore the barn and the basement for treasures, then head to the kitchen to raid the cookie jar.  To me, that's home.  Family, safety, encouragement and love.  That's what I have for my children and guests and that's what the Lord has for us on an even grander scale!
This is the inside of my card and it is VERY plain for one of my cards.

Below are some pictures of my foyer to show where my inspiration came from.

I made this quilt over 10 years ago and I still love it.

My walls and my floor cloth are stenciled with the same hydrangea stencil.  It's been there for over 10 years.  Sometimes I think I should change it out, but I really do still love it.


I hope you will consider joining us this week.  Our sponsor is DRS Designs and they are offering our winner a $10 store voucher.  I hope you will play along!  Be sure to stop by all my Sister's blogs and see what beauty they have created for you this week.

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

8 comments:

  1. WOW, WOW, WOW! Yes, I love what you came up with! That is an amazing card with some wonderful symbolism! I suggest you frame the card and hang it. Have a great week Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle...I LOVE, LOVE this card and your post talking about your home and the special things that mean home to you. Aren't these challenges so fun!? But, girlfriend! Those tiny 5/8" squares!!! Fabulous artwork on the whole card, but those are amazing!! How did you get them so perfect, and all fitting together perfectly. This is a masterpiece...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh how gorgeous! I love the purples and those flowers you made are beyond amazing. So pretty! Love the quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat depiction of home. I love how you recreated the quilt, and it is in one of my favorite color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle! Your card for this challenge is SO perfect! It even looks like HOME to me and I never made a quilt! The card and the real quilt are both so beautiful! I love hydrangeas too and even had that same DP (but used it up long ago!)Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your heart and home once again!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful quilt and such a lovely object to have hanging in your home! So creative, copying that quilt out in card form. Love all of what you do. Wishing you a blessed week in your beautiful home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this beautiful quilt & hydrangea card! That is such a creative idea and I might have to try it sometime! Your quilt is beautiful, too, as are your walls and flooring! Gorgeous! I love your quilted flowers, too! Have a blessed day! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your inspiration quilt is beautiful...love those soft springy colors, too! So glad you found inspiration in your home, your card is gorgeous, Michelle! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete