Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Shopping Our Stash #74

Good morning dear friends!  It's Tuesday, so that means another challenge at Shopping Our Stash!

This week our theme is "Out of a Jar".  Now, bear with me folks....I took this literally, but what was in my jar was may not be what you would be thinking.
 Here's my card.  I used some beautiful paper from MME as well as the beautiful floral image from Janet at Digital Paper.  This is one of four in a set from her.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I used my new Tim Holtz post card embossing folder.  You can't see much of it but I LOVE it and can't wait to use it again.  Now, the jar thing.  See the beautiful lace at the top?  And the 3 heart buttons?  I have some old Ball canning jars on a shelf over my work table.  I keep small bits of lace in one, ribbon snippets in another and buttons in a third.  So, there you have it.  From my jars I pulled lace and buttons!  Lame, I know, but true!  The flowers are Prima and Wild Orchid.  The sentiment is PTI and the tag I stamped it on is a new die from Becca Feeken at Amazing Paper Grace.  The brad is from my stash.
 The polka dot paper is the back of the script paper (MME).

Here's another view.

I am entering my card in the challenge at:
CLP - since I used their gorgeous sketch again.

I think that's about it.  Pull out your stash and play along!  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

4 comments:

  1. How is that lame??? I think it's awesome that you busted some stash AND that you keep it somewhere prettier than my basket under the desk ;)
    I love the embossing - and the heart buttons are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, your card is gorgeous inside and out! So many lovely details! I would have a difficult time cutting into that beautiful lace - thus my hoarded stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. au contraire, i think that is a BRILLIANT interpretation of the "jar" challenge, plus i bet those vintage jars look AMAZING holding such pretty treasures!!! plus, who could quibble with ANYTHING about such a gorgeous and ethereal card anyway??! not i, certainly! ♥♥♥!

    (btw i'm awarding bonus ninja points for the fact that the word "JAR-diniErs" appears actually ON THE CARD; which, yes, i realize means GARDENERS in french and has nothing to do with jars at all, but it's still an AWESOME visual joke!!!!!!!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle, your card is so lovely. I really love the pink flowers in your design ... gorgeous! Thanks for joining the CLP Sketch challenge, hope to see you again.

    Love,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete