Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Shopping Our Stash #116

Hello friends!!  Today it's time for another great challenge at Shopping Our Stash.  This week we have a fairly easy challenge and one we always need to visit!  We want to see a masculine card this time.  I know I don't usually make them but I do need them at times so this is a great challenge!

 I used some paper from MME called Lost and Found.  I used a die to make a scalloped frame behind the bird image.  That image was fussy cut from the DP.  I inked and sewed the edges of my layers.  I also used some postal stamps on the edges.  I added 2 brads and cheesecloth from my stash.
 Inside I used more paper from the same collection to carry the theme.  The writing panel easily came about with the Post Card image.
I love this part of the paper too.  I used TH Vintage Photo to stamp my custom stamp and added another postal stamp to the edge.

So there you have it.  A simple card that I think would be OK for a man.  Now it's your turn.  Dig into your stash and join us for our Masculine challenge this week!

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

4 comments:

  1. i ♥LOVE♥ that your cards are like 4-in-1 treats! i soooooo totally need to decorate the insides of mine more! you are really inspiring me to think BEYOND the front panel!!! (not that i will EVER be up to THIS level, but a gal can ASPIRE, eh?!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm generally not excited about the "Dreaded Man Card" either, but it's good to practice now & then :) Love yours - those papers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Michelle! Thanks for the kind comment you left on my blog! I absolutely adore this card! It is a well thought out, cohesive design with great continuity and fabulous color integration. You are a talented and creative designer and I am so happy to be working on a DT with you. I know I will pick up some new ideas.
    Hugz,
    Chana

    PS: I would love to have you submit this to my Anything Goes Challenge
    http://avenue613.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can i say this masculine card is beautiful? Or maybe I should say handsome? Either way it is divine!

    ReplyDelete