Sunday, November 13, 2011

All I Want For Christmas

Good Morning!  I'm so glad you are here today.  The card I have today is a Christmas card, but in non-traditional Christmas colors.  For some reason when I saw the sketch at Sugar Nellie this week these are the papers that popped into my head.  I have learned that I just need to go with my muse when she tells me to do something.  (My children think its odd that I have a creative fairy helping me out.  But I figure I need someone to blame when the imspiration leaves!)  Anyway.... I like how this card turned out and I hope you do too.
Isn't this an adorable couple?  I love this image.  It comes from Funky Kits and is called Warm Winter Wishes.  Unfortunately, I could not find it over there.  Maybe it is out of stock.  idk  I stamped them with a grey ink pad this time to give it a softer feel.  I colored with my prismacolors.  Their bellies are little too yellow for my taste, but ya live and learn  :)
The gorgeous flowers are from Wild Orchid.  I added a Christmas tree charm from my LCS.  She has a great selection.  I had forgotten that.  I will be going back thats for sure!!  I added some tinsel glitter from MS to his hat and the flowers.  I was hoping it would look like snow or frost on the roses.  In my neck of the woods it isn't the time of year for roses to be blooming, but my son has a rose bush that won't stop.  He gave me 2 more pink roses this week!  So maybe the idea of pink roses on a Christmas card isn't so far-fetched!
My papers are from a K&Co pad called Spring Blossom by Susan Winget. Don't you just love her stuff?  I know I do.  She is amazing!  The text paper, however, I made myself.  I found the words for the Christmas carol "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey and printed them in grey ink on my printer. nYou can listen to this great song here.  I think these little guys are singing this song to each other.  :)
The inside is pretty simple with just a small sunflake from a MS punch.  I added the text again  :)
The back is a little simpler than my last few cards.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
The Sugar Bowl - Sketch and Patchwork
Cooking It Up With Katie - Folds, Fancy, Flowers
Capcake Craft Challenges - Textalicious

I think thats about it.  :)  Thanks for taking a peek today!


Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

7 comments:

  1. Really delightful ! Love the penguins, the flowers and all the sparkle. Great gatefold. So glad you joined in the Cooking It Up with Katie challenge this week. Hope to see you each week.
    NanaConne DT Chef

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card with great text elements. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Michelle! Your image is adorable and I love the design! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Michlle, love this adorable image!Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking it Up with Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle...oh, hunny bunny...your Crafty Fairy is alive and well! I love this card!! Your coloring and design are perfection! Awesome papers too!! Thanks so much for playin in the Sugar Bowl! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, gorgeous card, love the text paper, many thanks for joining our textalicious challenge at Cupcake Craft.

    (I'm late with the comment, but checked your fab work with my smart phone!)

    Love
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete