Sunday, June 17, 2012

SSiC Challenge #143

Hello and welcome to my little corner of blog land again.  Grab some tea and pull up a comfy chair.  I have a lot of pictures today.

This week at Stampin Sisters in Christ the lovely Jerusha is our hostess.  She chose our verse and challenge for the week.

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."  Ephesians 2:10

We are His workmanship.  He created us.  It is no mistake that you are here.  He has a plan and a purpose for all of us and He has given us gifts and talents to use for His glory.  We are all different and we need to celebrate our uniqueness.  Remember that God made you the way you are.  He knows everything about you and He loves you.  He loves you so much He sent His Son to die for your sins that you might spent all of eternity in glory with Him.  Be glad for who you are.  Celebrate how God has made you.  And thank Him.  You are not a mistake.  May you be blessed by the knowledge of God's amazing goodness today.

Your challenge this week is to make something that reflects you, you are God's masterpiece!

Our sponsor this week is Clear Dollar Stamps and they have generously offered one randomly selected player $15 in digital images!  

Please join us this week.  We would love to see you!

I thought long and hard about what I would create.  Who am I?  What defines me?  How do I want people to remember me?  I was very tempted to do something with pictures of all my children.  I love being a mom.  I love my children immensely.  But that's not the only part of me.  I love to bake, cook, sew, quilt, crochet, knit, stitch, garden, entertain.... What do I choose?  Finally, I prayed.  The most important part of me is my relationship with the Lord.  He defines who I am.  I want people to feel like they have been with Jesus when they leave my company.  So, I started choosing verses.  It was hard to narrow it down to just a few, but I hope I have picked ones that define me.  I decided to make a small book.  I found the best inspiration over on Starr Timmon's blog.  She made a beautiful small book and that was my starting point.
Here's an overall view of my card.  I used my Spellbinders die to cut all my pages.  I bought this gorgeous paper from Janet over at By Digital Paper.  It is so beautiful.  I used WunderUnder to fuse the DP to solid card stock.  I used colors from Coordinations by Tim Holtz.  They coordinated so well.  I was certainly giving my Big Shot a workout... such a workout that I stripped the bearings in the handle :(  Thankfully one of my boys came over last night.  I had already taken the whole machine apart.  He diagnosed the problem, took out the bearings and reassembled the whole thing.  He's not sure how long it will function without the bearings but at least I was able to finish my project!  I've been wanting the Grand Caliber.  Maybe this will be my excuse to get one!

The rose on the front of the book was crocheted by moi!  A long time ago.  It was sitting in my stash just waiting.  The ribbons and lace are all bits from my stash as well.

Here is our inspiration verse for the week.  The 2 verses before it are wonderful so I included them as well.  I printed all my verses on a pale blue vellum which I then die cut and stamped with Distress Ink.
There are a few blank pages to show off the gorgeous paper as well.
If you've been here before you may have heard about my accident in January.  I have no doubt His angels were watching over me and my boys that night.  No doubt at all.
I love this verse in Proverbs.  I have ALWAYS worked with my hands!

If we have truly given our selves to the Lord our names are written in the Lambs Book of Life.  What a blessing!



I'd like to enter my project in the challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room.

I think that's about it.  This was a picture-heavy post!  Thanks for sticking it out this far.  And as always, thanks for taking a peek!


Blessings & Hugs

Michelle


8 comments:

  1. What a sweet mini album declaring God's love and miraculous Lordship over us. Beautifully crafted, and indeed, a testimony of God's watch care and provision for you. You are so artistic with everything you create and I'm so thankful God has blessed you with that ability...cause we get to enjoy it! You bless me, sister! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Michelle, what a wonderful little mini! Aren't they fun to make and the perfect little book to put your favorite verses! I'm so glad that you chose to make the this precious album and thanks for sharing it with us at The Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet mini album!! So much love put into it!
    thanks for sharing with us at TSTR this week. So glad to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Michelle! What a lovely little project! I love the idea of picking several favorite Bible verses and putting them all in a mini booklet! I'm wondering if I could make one small enough to use like a keychain fob or attach to a purse? Would be a wonderful little source of encouragement for my daughters! You paper choices and crocheted flower are so beautiful! TFS!!
    Blessings to you!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning Michelle! So many beautiful details! Thanks for stopping by with your sweet comment!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!!! And what a wonderful idea! I might actually use this idea for my girls in our AWANA group that graduate out of my class this year (do you hear me crying already?!?) You always have amazing creations on your blog and this one is so wonderful! Have a blessed day! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, I am blown away by your amazing project. I love the papers that you used, the scriptures that you used, the little crocheted rose that you used... I could go on and on. I loved reading about the other ideas that are "YOU" I share most of those too, except knitting. I never could get that down. I am going to have to tuck this idea away to borrow some time. I hope your big shot lasts long enough for you to get your Grand Calibur! I hope you are having a wonderful blessed day! Headache free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle this is an amazing project, such a great idea! Those are some great verses and also like MariLynn hope your big shot lasts. :) I have one myself and know what a valuable tool it is. I like many of your same interests, although I don't crochet, I do knit! And years ago I could tat, have you heard of tatting? :) Beautiful book Michelle!

    ReplyDelete