Monday, January 7, 2013

January Calendar

Hello lovely friends!  I am running very late with this post today, but at least it's still Monday!

Today I have a project for the challenge over at Mo's.  Since this is the first challenge of the month the challenge is "Anything Goes".  I chose to do another page for my calendar using the fun image Irma and Vieno Skiing.  These two little girls are so cute, they just make me smile!
Aren't they happy??  They are just so adorable!  The colors aren't quite so subtle in real life but they are a bit paler than usual.  I stayed with pinks and blues and lots of bling!  I added stickles to their underskirts and tinsel glitter to their hats and boots.
 I punched the corners of the pink paper with a MS corner punch.  I used some light blue ribbon with white stitching on the edges.  The brads are from my stash.  The white pom pom trim is from Joanns.
As I look at this I think I should have embossed the pink layer, but its all glued now.  Next time I'll think it through a bit better.  I used a Memory Box die with some added rhinestones on the bottom of the calendar.

I am entering my calendar in the following challenges:

Mo's Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything
Divas by Design - Anything
Cute Card Thursday - Something New (my image is new)

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. The image and colouring alongside the embellishments make a beautiful card.
    Thank yo for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning! I love the way you used the image with the calendar. It is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining Mo's Digital Stamps.

    Hugz
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super, duper cute!!! I love that glitter stuff you used in their hats! Such a fun calendar!!!

    ReplyDelete