Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Shopping Our Stash #88

Happy Tuesday!  You know what that means, right?  That's right!  Time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash!  This week we want to see BLING!  Don't you love bling?  I know I do!

 First of all, you know our goal on this challenge blog is to use our stash.  Let me tell you I dug through my entire stash this week!  I have spent the last 2 weeks re-organizing all my paper.  Maybe soon I will show you some pictures of what I came up with.  I built a file hanger out of PVC for my file folders which I altered to be big enough to hold my 12x12 papers.  I have a box for scraps from 3x3 to 6x6 papers and they are sorted by color.  Then I have a bag for smaller scraps that I plan to use for die cutting and sentiments.  All the mats for this card came from the box of bigger scraps.  All the strips and circles came from the bag of smaller scraps.  Honest!  I used a very old SU stamp set.  I inked the edges  of the strips on the front, then I added faux stitching.  *gasp*  faux?!?  yes I know, but I thought it worked on this card.  My bling is Liquid Pearls which are also from my stash.
 I think everything works together to make a fun birthday card.
More stash!!  How cool is that?  I stamped about 60 of my personalized stamp and die cut them.  That always seems like a pain when I get to the end of the card.  Now I have a good collection I can just grab from.

So what are you waiting for??  Dig into your stash and join us for our challenge this week!  You'll be glad you did!

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Organizing stash....yep, that's a long-term project for sure! Love this layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card....the colors are so serene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea. I need to do this! Please show us your photos of the pvc holders. I would love to see how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely B-day card, Michelle! Love all the purples, the paterns and textures! Great layout too! And congrats on getting your crafting area so organized!! Lookin' good!!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete