Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Shopping Our Stash #103

Good morning friends!  I hope the sun is shining wherever you are today!  It's time for another great challenge at Shopping Our Stash.  It's almost June and we have a challenge that should be easy for all of you!  We want to see a graduation card or an anniversary card.  Those are pretty easy and just right for this time of year don't you think?

 (First off I apologize for the quality of my pictures today.  We are in the process of remodeling our laundry room and my house is a mess.  I decided to take my pictures on the porch and it is VERY sunny today!  Lots of shadows!)  I chose to make an anniversary card this time....honest...the sentiment is inside, you'll see that in the next picture.  I used this gorgeous paper I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  I used my Spellbinders die and made my rose.  (I have to admit this card was supposed to be for our last challenge to use a tool you hadn't used in a while.  It's been about a year since I broke out this die.  Unfortunately, my card didn't get done in time last week)  The leaves are a Sizzix die.  The only other embellishments are the red pearls in the corners.  The flower and leaves were punched from scraps in my scrap bag....that thing never seems to get any emptier.  Why is that?  The pearl in the center of my flower is from an old stash and I hope to run out of them soon!
 Here's the inside, sorry for the shadows.  I love this paper so much I didn't want to cover it up.  The oval with the sentiment fits perfect in the pattern of the paper.  And I didn't even plan that.  Yeah for me!

I will be giving this card to my folks who will be celebrating their anniversary in a couple weeks.  Good thing they don't follow my blog huh??  ;)

So, now it's your turn.  Dig into your stash and join us for our Anniversary/Graduation challenge this week!

I think that's about it!  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

5 comments:

  1. i think if the lucky couple did follow your blog, they'd be thinking, "WOOHOOOOOOOO! look at the AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS card we're getting!!!!" in fact, probably every couple who DOES follow your blog is secretly hoping that you don't realize they do, and that this *IS* gonna be their card!!! (i definitely do, for that matter, even tho my anniversary is months away & you don't know when it is, lol!!!) :) :) :) ♥LOVE♥ this, missus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper is stunning & totally the star of the show! Love it :) And happy anniversary to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card :-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card...so classy- love the paper and you are right..it would be a shame to cover it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful paper!! It's perfect for this elegant card!!

    ReplyDelete