Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mo's Challenge #123

Hello and thanks for stopping by.  I have a card today for Mo's challenge which is "Lace".  I used Winter Fairy Talva who is so cute.  I enjoyed coloring her in, especially her leg warmers.  My daughter liked them so much she asked me for a matching pair.  :)
I colored her in with my Prismacolor pencils.  I used my swirly stamp from Inkadinkadoo to fill in the background.  I really like how that looks.  I forgot to take a better picture, but the spots on her skirt are covered with pink seed beads.  I poked a hole in the paper at each spot and sewed the beads on.  I really like how it turned out and I may have to do that again.
I decided to put my image inside my card and cut holes in all the layers so you could see her while the card was closed.   The flowers are from Wild Orchid.  I found this sweet narrow lace in my stash and put it between the layers in the opening.  My circles were off slightly so the lace helps to conceal it  :)
I like how you get a little peek at her sweetness while the card is closed.
 (For some reason Blogger was blocking this picture and when I clicked to allow it it became distorted.  So sorry for that.)  Anyway, this is the inside.  The image is matted several times and put on a small card.
This is the inside of the little card.  I used the swirly stamp again in here.
I am entering my card on the following challenges:
Delightful Challenges - Use Patterned Paper
Cute Card Thursday - Winged Things

I guess that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek.

Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle! What a gorgeous card! I love the design! And your coloring of this adorable Mo image is just so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute to have her peeking out like that! I love all the beautiful flowers and trims you've used! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete