Saturday, March 24, 2012

Blessings

Happy Saturday to you!  The sun isn't out yet and it isn't as warm as the last few days, buy God is so good and I am thankful for all my blessings!  Today I have a card I made for a dear, sweet lady at our church who has been in the hospital.  I'm hoping this card will bless her.  I used a real cutie I've had for a while that I hadn't used yet, called Thank You from Saturated Canary.  Krista gave her away last year on Black Friday if you ordered from her site.  I LOVE her images so placing an order was not difficult!
Isn't she the sweetest thing?  I really do love Krista's images.  She does amazing work!  I colored this cutie with my Prismacolor pencils.  I do love using them.  I color an image and will leave it for an hour or so, come back, do a little here, a little there, leave, come back.  You get the picture.  The colors this week were inspired by the girls over at The Shabby Tea Room.  They have a great photo for inspiration this week.  The colors were a little vintage looking.  Red, robins egg blue, sage green, white.  Very cute.
The DP is MME Penny Lane.  This is a great stack.  I made my banner by hand.  It was kind of fun.  I used an alphabet stamp set from Close to My Heart that has been in my stash forever.  The buttons were also from my stash.
The inside has great DP from the same stack.  But, its kind of plain in there.  Not like my more recent cards.  I'll think the next one needs my over-the-top touches  :)


I am entering my card in the following challenges:

The Shabby Tea Room - Photo Inspiration and Add a Banner
Papertake Weekly Challenge - BINGO I used Buttons, Free and Flowers
Shopping Our Stash - Buttons & Bows
Divas by Design - Distressing

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek.



Blessings & Hugs

Michelle


11 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! What a great card. So glad you could play along with us this week at TSTR!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure this card will cheer your friend up..it is so cute and absolutely gorgeous. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant creation hun! Thanks for playing this week over at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just darling!

    So glad you joined our Anything Goes Challenge at
    ***Cute Card Thursday!***

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorjuss card hun, Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card - I'm sure your friend in hospital will like it and thank you for joining in with this weeks Papertake Weekly challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwww too cute cute micheele, love the bunting
    thankyou for popping in and playing along with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. argghhh early morning typo queen can't spell this morning! miceele is meant to be michelle......:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Ribbon Carousel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card I love this little sweet image, she is lush.

    Thank you also for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary Challenges, good luck hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle this is beautiful, inside and out . Great work here, I love it .
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete