Sunday, May 13, 2012

SSiC Challenge #139

Hello again dear friends.  I hope you have been blessed since we last met together.  I am realizing more and more how blessed I am and how great our God is.  I hope you know that too.  We have a new challenge over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.  Our lovely Peggysue is our hostess this week.  Her verse is:
 "Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive."   Genesis 6:20

This is, of course, from the story of Noah.  What a great testimony to the faithfulness of our God when we choose to follow Him.  If your heart is seeking that kind of faithfulness please contact any of us on the Design Team and we would love to tell you about our great and awesome God.

Peggysue's challenge this week is to put an animal or bird on your card.  Laurie over at Doodle Pantry is our sponsor this week.  If you haven't been over there you must check out her adorable images.  I'm sure you'll find something you love!  I chose Fireworks Birdie for my card this week.  This cutie comes with 2 sentiments and was so much fun to color.
I colored the image with my Prismacolor pencils and added plenty of Stickles to the fireworks!  I brushed the edges of the image with a matching ink pad and used a small star from an SU set to fill in the blank areas on the edges.  (If you look at my cards you'll notice I'm not a huge fan of blank spaces.  Why is that?)
This is actually the front of my card.  The picture you just saw is the inside.  I'll show you more of that in a minute.  I didn't use any DP on the outside of my card.  I tried to dry emboss the red paper, but I have decided I NEED the Grand Caliber for that.  hmmmm Mother's Day is tomorrow....  ;)  Anyway, the ribbon is from The Paper Studio.  I found it at Hobby Lobby this morning.  It matches the DP I used inside.  All my flowers are from Wild Orchid.  I think they have the most beautiful flowers.  Great prices, great selection, great shipping prices from the UK.  I don't look anywhere else for my flowers.  They do a great job!
I added glitter to the larger flowers.  I think you can actually see it in this photo!
I told you I would explain the inside.  Here it is; part of it anyway.  I used a Nesty (from Spellbinders) to cut the circles in the front.  I added silver star brads to the corners.  Where do you write your message?  Right here:
The image is mounted on its own card on the inside.  The sentiment came in the file from Doodle Pantry and the small sparkler is from an old set from Close to My Heart.

I think that's about it.  Make sure you stop by the other DT member's blogs to see their beautiful cards.  I know you'll be blessed.

Thanks for taking a peek!


Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

9 comments:

  1. Oh My Michelle - this is so pretty! I just love the image and the sparklers are wonderful! Great card(s)! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, this is so sparkly and pretty. Love the way it opens and the outside is just phenomenal. So many pretty details, and lovely presentation. Partial to the bling, though! Love your card. Have a wonderful week full of God's presence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so beautiful - really well designed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Michelle! I mean, WOW! What an intricate & beautiful card! The birdie is so cute and the sparklers so glittery! But the card-inside-the-card...amazing! Lots of lovely details! Hope you have a great week!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Michelle! This card is UBER GORGEOUS!!! I'm very smitten with it, especially after seeing the whole card. I appreciate what you put into making each one of your cards. The recipients of your cards must feel so special when they get one from you! Have a wonderful week! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, these are GORGEOUS Michelle! I love the glitter you added to the fireworks, that just totally makes those perfect!! :) Love that you decorate the backs of your cards. I can't seem to part with that much DP lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Michelle - this is darling - you are so creative and I love the way you bring everything together so beautifully! Love your insight too - thanks for all you bring to the SSIC - you are a blessing! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a fabulous creation, to peep through the hole and see the birdie, and a fireworks bird too, such a greatcolorcombination for. That image! I have no idea why my computer is leaving random periods and capital letters in my writing. Anyway, it's great having you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, I hope you get your grand caliber soon. I love the flowers that you used on the card. The glitter makes them look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete