Monday, June 4, 2012

You Rock

Hello friends!  Welcome!  Thanks for dropping by, I wish I could share a cookie and a cup of tea with you.  Instead we'll have to settle for a little conversation.

I have a fun card to show you today.  One of my boys is celebrating his birthday tomorrow and I picked a cute image for his card.  My boy loves to listen to music.  He has been known to sit in his truck with one or more of his siblings with the music at an extremely high level, with the bass pounding through you, and all of them having a blast!  I love to watch them... from a "safe" distance!  So, this little guy from Pollycraft was the perfect choice!
This is Retro Chester and I think he is so cute.  Unfortunately Pollycraft is closing soon, but they have a great sale going on so you should hop over for a look!  I stocked up on some great images!  I colored Chester with my Prismacolor pencils and I inked the edges of the image with Old Olive from SU.
I added a cute buckle and ribbon I found at Joanns last Friday.  My boy always wears a belt and he loves belt buckles so I thought this was appropriate.  The layers are sewn and inked.  The brads are from my stash.  They've been around a long time.
Here's the inside.  I did the sentiments on my computer and I think they are right on for the image and my son.
And the back looks like the rest of the card  :)  lol
I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Cooking It Up With Katie - Celebrate with Ribbon and a Die Cut

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that is so stinkin' cute! Don't you love when you score just the right embellishments for that special someone's card. :) Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that imageis totally adorable and you've colored it beautifully. I love that you completed the inside of the card too. Your son is going to love this.
    thanks for playing with us at Cooking It Up Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little monkey is adorable. It made me think of my son Kaleb. He is the one of my kids always with this headphones on listening to music.

    ReplyDelete