Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Shopping Our Stash #131 - Use One Color

Hello friends!  Is it cold where you are?  It's cold and snowy here!  My son was making a snow fort with the piles of snow!  

I have stayed inside and played in my studio.  This week we have a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash; and since we know how busy most of you are this challenge will run for 2 weeks!  We want to see cards featuring just one color (plus neutrals or skin tones where appropriate).

My card came together pretty easily.
 I used navy and white card stock.  I embossed the big layer with snowflakes.  I punched the snowflake from the small blue layer then layered a blue and white snowflake on top of the outline.  I added a small blue rhinestone to the center.
 The inside is simple with another small white snowflake.

Here you can see the embossing and the dimension in the die cut snowflakes.

Easy this week!  Now it's your turn!  Dig into your stash and join us for our One-Color Challenge won't you?

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

5 comments:

  1. oh *WOW*!!! what an incredibly beeeeeautiful card! absolutely love the way the navy blue cardstock makes the sanded embossing stand out so dramatically! and again, i say, "WOW!!!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design, Michelle. Love everything about this and I am particularly partial to you wonderful layering Just seeing a peep of your neutral really elevates the design!
    Hugz
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous embossing! Merry Christmas to you & your family, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and elegant!! The navy and white are beautiful together!
    I have to make a few more cards for my daughter's co workers, so I may CASE this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! The embossing is lovely and I love how you finished the inside of the card!

    ReplyDelete