Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Shopping Our Stash #132

Happy New Year's Eve!  We are on the brink of a new year.  How exciting is that?  I have been busy cleaning out every nook and crannie in my home and that includes my studio.  And that fits right in with our challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash.  This week we want you to use the last of something.  The last paper from a collection, the end of a ribbon spool, the last sticker on a sheet.  You get the picture.  Time to clean out the old and welcome in the new!!

 I chose to make a Valentine card.  Why?  I'm not sure.  But when inspiration strikes you go with it right?  I used a sweet digital image and some paper I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  The pearls, lace, seam binding, doily and flourish were all from my stash.  The black pearls, DP and lace were the last of their kind in my stash.  The lace was exactly the size you see in the photo  It was meant to be!
 The heart DP was also the last of its kind.  I did pretty good using up some odd bits from my stash.  I'd love to say I used the last of the doilies but it was a pack of 28 and I think I have 25 left...
I think this card turned out pretty sweet.

Now it's your turn to use something up and share it with us this week.

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

6 comments:

  1. what a beeeeeeeeeeautiful card and an AWESOME job of using a bunch of "lasts" perfectly--plus, you know, v-day will be here VERY soon indeed, time just seems to FLLLLLLLLY by lately! ps:happy new year, missus to you and all the family! hoping to see you guys in 2014 for sure!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Good on ya for getting a head start on Valentine cards! Love the vintage look & feel of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Michelle! That wide lace is gorgeous and works so well with your doily! Very nicely done!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous valentine, and that lace is beautiful. I love they way it is all integrated together

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! Yay for using so many last bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect timing for Valentine's Day! I can't believe how perfect that piece of lace is!

    ReplyDelete