Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sending Loving Wishes

Hello again!  I'm so glad you have taken the time to stop by my blog today.  I hope you enjoy the cutie I have for you this time.  The challenge at Saturated Canary is Anything.  I needed to make a special card and this seemed like the perfect time.  The granddaughter of a co-worker of my daughter's boyfriend (can ya follow that??  lol) has cancer.  She is only 13.  I've never met her but when I heard her story I knew I wanted to send her a card.  I've been thinking about what to do for a while.  You probably know how it is.  Your creative fairy has to get everything worked out before you can start the project.  Sometimes I have to let her work it over for a while.  I know if I start without her the project will be a flop.  Finally she had all the details worked out and the card came together with ease  :)


This cutie is called Let It Rain.  If you haven't checked out Krista Smith's sweet illustrations you need to!!  She has some new images in her shop and I know I need a couple  ;)  I colored her with my Prismacolor pencils and have to say that this is the first time that I am really happy with her skin color.  I've been really working on the colors and the technique and maybe I have made a breakthrough!  WAHOO!! 



The challenge at Creative Inspirations is Turquoise, Purple and White.  I struggled a little with that because I wasn't quite sure what turquoise was  :)  lol  But I pulled out my Stampin Up Tempting Turquoise stamp pad and found some cardstock to match.  Phew!  The DP is from my stash and had no identification on it.  All I know is its pretty old!  Sorry!  I found a great new challenge blog this week (not sure how I stumbled upon it, but I'm so glad I did!) called Sketch N Stash.  I followed their great sketch (although my circle is a little over-sized) and dug some great stuff out of my stash.  What did I find?  The DP.  The lace.  The ribbons.  The beads.  The feathers.  And the flowers.  (If its been around for over a year its considered "stash", right?)  The only thing completely new is the image.  The rhinestones are fairly new as well.  Everything else is well aged.  lol


I decided to use the same sketch (or most of it) for the inside top panel.  I added the rest of my sentiment there.


The writing panel is pretty simple with just a small background stamp and some stitching.

The back is a little more dressed up this time around  :)

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Saturated Canary - Anything
Sketch N Stash - Sketch and Use Your Stash
Creative Inspirations - Turquoise, Purple and White

I guess that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek.

Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

7 comments:

  1. beautiful card and such gorgeous colours


    thank you for joining us at SnS

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card hun! Thanks for playing along at Creative Inspirations with our Colour Scheme! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card. Love the image.
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash this week.
    Hugs,
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so lovely, thanks for playing along with us this week at creative inspirations xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the image and your gorgeous colour combo! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Stash this time around, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is just fabulous! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my all time fave images! thanks for playing at CI hugs rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete