Saturday, July 14, 2012

Shabby Tag

Hello and glorious Saturday to you!  It is crazy hot and dry here!  I just plated a few flowers I was given and the ground is so dry.  I watered for a while, and I should probably do it again tonight.  We have a well we had dug about 5 years ago.  It was dug during a small drought so they had to go pretty deep for this area to find water.  That's a good thing my husband says.  We shouldn't go dry.  We have before this well and it was no fun to have NO water in August heat!  I am so thankful for water!

Enough rambling!  I have a piece for the challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room.
This is the gorgeous inspiration photo.  And they ask that we use white/cream, kraft, pink and lace.  Got it!  What fun!
I chose to make a tag.  I have been admiring the BEAUTIFUL creations of Andrea Ewen.  Here cards and tags are inspiring!  So gorgeous!  So I guess that's the look/style I was going for.  I used cream and kraft CS and an old background stamp from SU called French Script.  I inked the edges of my tag with Tim Holtz ink in Walnut Stain.  The two layers of tag are sewn together.  I used an old canning jar and my grandma's wooden spools as props to hold up my tag.  Now I need a photo tent!
I chose a verse to go on my tag.  If you have visited my blog before you may be aware that my 2 sons and I were in a serious accident in January.  My head injuries were severe enough that there was a strong possibility of a stroke or death.  My husband and mother were asked in the hospital which of them would make the decision, if needed, if I were to be taken off life support.  I don't remember any of the accident or most of the next 2 weeks, but it was a scary time for my family and close friends.  To look at me today you would have no idea I was in such bad shape.  The only outward remnant is a small scar over my right eye.  I do however, still suffer from headaches, although they are getting farther apart.  I pray daily for God's healing touch, but I am also aware that such a severe injury takes time to heal.  This verse really ministers to me as it makes me remember that my strength to get through each day comes from the Lord.  And when I have a headache that nearly wipes me out that's when I cry out to the Lord and He is there to help me.  He helps me get through the pain and do what needs to be done as a wife and mom of 4 children.  The pain draws me closer to the Lord and allows me to see what He can and will do when I completely rely on Him.  God is so good!
My bow is made with seam binding, a rose I crocheted, hemp and a button from my stash.  I put some feathers behind it.
I added some cheesecloth (it actually came from my kitchen drawer!  It was a long strip already scrunched and stained.  Perfect!!)  These beads are from my stitching stash.  They are leftover fresh water pearls from a sampler I stitched years ago.  The holes were tiny so I had to thread then on regular pins.  The colors were just right for this card.
One more view!

I am entering my tag in the challenge at The Shabby Tea Room.

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, this is beautiful! Filled with so many of my favorite things...lace, cheesecloth, pearls, stick pins, crochet flowers...and I love the feathers! (I guess I need to dig out the bag I stored "somewhere safe"...once I remember where that safe place is! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Michelle, I LOVE tags and yours is so very beautiful! The fabric and feather are a perfect touch and what a wonderful verse to share with us at TSTR this week!

    ReplyDelete