Friday, July 6, 2012

Sweet Baby Invitation

Hello and happy day to you!   Boy is it a hot one here let me tell you!  I turned the air on in the living room to cool it down for my hubby before he gets home.  He usually works on a roof and comes home ready for a nap in the cooler air.

Today I have a card for the challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room.  There is a great picture for inspiration along with the challenge to make an invitation.
Isn't this photo delicious?  I was recently selected in the Top 3 at The Shabby Tea Room and won my choice of 3 digital collections from Janet at By Digital Paper.  You should go check out her shop.  I've loved her stuff for a long time, but now that I have figured out how to manipulate it a little and change the sizes I love it even more.  I'll be heading over there for some more goodies I'm sure!  Anyway, I used an adorable image from the set called Baby Buttons.
Her vintage images are so sweet.  I really love them.
I bought the DP last week at Hobby Lobby.  It was so great I didn't want to cover it too much.  It's by The Girls' Paperie and is called Vintage Whimsy.  The flowers and seam binding are from Wild Orchid.  The lace and ribbon are from my stash.  I punched the die from the Spellbinders set called Fleur de Lis. I still haven't figured out the technique for getting them to pop out of the die, but it's getting easier.  I mounted the die cut on a couple pieces of cardboard I wrapped with a thin piece of card stock so you couldn't see the cardboard.  I wanted the die cut to stand out from the DP without adding another paper.
 See that lovely DP?  What a treasure!  ;)  I made the writing panel on my computer.
The back.

I am entering my card in challenge at The Shabby Tea Room.

I think that's about it. Thanks for taking a peek.

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. OH Michelle this is fab! What a sweet vintage image! Congrats on being selected for top 3

    Thanks for playing along with us again this week at TSTR:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, stunning card Michelle. Love the papers and that gorgeous frame die. All come together so perfectly!! Hope you and your family have fully recovered from your awful accident and you're healing from that awful event. Big hugs to you, Wends xxx

    ReplyDelete