Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Shopping Our Stash #95

Good morning!  Happy Tuesday!  It's time for another great challenge at Shopping Our Stash!  There is great satisfaction in diving into your stash and making a great card (or other project) with supplies long forgotten!  This week we want to see your creation that says "Fruity and Fun".  Its a good time of year to think about fresh fruit.  I know I'm waiting for it!

When I saw what this challenge I instantly had an image in mind.  A Spanish woman in a long skirt with a hat covered with fruit.  Can you picture it?  Me too.  So I set out to find my image.  I checked one of my favorite artists, but no luck.   (Maybe I should mention it to her because I know she could rock it!)  I spent several hours searching digi images to color, but could not find anything that inspired me.  At this point we move to Plan B, right?  Right.  Only, I had no Plan B.  Just Plan A.  *huffy breath*  Now what?  I wasted several days thinking Plan A was the best and I certainly COULD NOT come up with something else.  Then I remembered something I read by Thomas Kinkaid.  I don't have the exact quote but the idea was that sometimes we don't know what we are going to create.  Sometimes we just have to get in our studio and get to work.  And then the ideas come.  Just because we are creative, just because we are artists, doesn't mean the ideas are endless or that we don't get a road block.  But, the best way to get past the road block is to get busy.  Get busy doing what we love and it will happen.  Now, I'm not in any way comparing myself to Mr. Kinkaid.  His work is amazing!  However, I applied his advice and I got to work.  I pulled out some papers, pawed through my embellishments and found some things I thought would work.  So, here you have it.
The DP is at least 4 years old and its from K&Co.  I used a border punch from MS.  I have no idea where the ribbon came from, and the cute cherry sticker is as old as the paper.  The sentiment is in a set from Fiskars I bought several years ago.  Really digging into the stash this time!
 Here's the inside.  Same sketch and I added a writing panel.
 Another fruity and fun paper on the back.

There you have it.  This was not Plan A.  If I ever find that image I will make my fun card with it, but for now, Plan B isn't too bad!  Now, won't you consider digging into your stash and joining us for this fun challenge?

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I can totally picture it! And you did exactly what I try to do when I've got a roadblock - sometimes sitting down to play to create ANYTHING finally brings the new idea to mind. I remember this paper collection - I *loved* it!

    ReplyDelete