Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Shopping Our Stash #84

Happy Tuesday!  Today we have a new challenge for you over at Shopping Our Stash!  We all have a stash right?  Why not dig into yours this week and join us for our "Button" challenge?  We want to see you add buttons to your projects this week!

I needed a baby shower card this week and buttons are perfect aren't they?
I used this most adorable image from Janet from By Digital Paper.  You can find this set here.  I had a great DP from Kaiser Craft that I wouldn't have expected to match this image but it really does.  I sewed my layers on the machine and hand sewed all the baby buttons to the corners.  The pink trim I found at a flea market this summer.  It is ric rac sewn to matching bias trim.  I was able to tuck the image into the edge and tape it down.  It looks like a trim that would have been on a vintage baby dress.  I really wanted to add flowers to this card but the mom-to-be is keeping the gender of the baby a secret until the shower this coming Saturday.  So, I skipped the flowers and tried really, really hard to keep this not too girlie.
 OK...the inside is girlie, isn't it?  The floral paper is from the same stack as the blue so I put them together.  Forgive me  ;)

There you have it.  Those buttons have been in my stash for years.  What do you have in your stash this week?  We can't wait to see!

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

4 comments:

  1. oh ♥WOW♥!!! what an AMAZING baby card, they will FRAME THIS, i am positive of that! brilliant use of the buttons here, too, i love the sort of "frame/accent" effect, have to remember to "steal" that, lol!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my faves of yours lately- sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! And the baby picture is PRECIOUS :) I find most of my baby cards lean towards girlie too...all the fun baby stuff is pretty frilly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle! Oh, what an adorable card...so sweet and vintagey. Love that DP and fabric border!
    Blessings!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete