Sunday, March 2, 2014

Green and Purple Fairy

Hi friends!  Welcome to my little place on the world wide web.  Thanks for stopping by!  Today I have a card to play along with one of my favorite challenge blogs, Mo's Challenge Blog.  I am a huge fan of Mo's images and I have quite a collection of them!  This is one of my favorites:
 This is Winter Fairy Talva.  I have colored her with my Prismacolor pencils.  I added crackle medium to the frost on her wings, fine glitter to her snowball and tinsel glitter to her clothes.  I also sewed silver-lined beads to her skirt.
 My favorite color scheme would have to be purple and green so that is what I used.  I stamped small snowflakes around the image and on the edges of the white vellum which I sewed down because it is impossible to adhere that stuff without your adhesive being seen.  The green panels are embossed with a snowflake folder which I hope you can see in the photo below.  I also sewed some beads to the green panels but my very, very fluffy feathers are covering most of them.  I added the feathers to mimic the fluffy head-covering and leg warmers she is wearing.  I added the glittery berries to go along with her snowball.
 I use a Spellbinders die to make the snowflake.
 I also added some snowflakes to the back.
Here you can see the embossing a little bit on the green panels.  You can also see the beautiful pearl and rhinestone swirls I added.  I mounted the image on foam to sit above the elements in the background.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Mo's Challenge Blog - Favorite Color Combo

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment