Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Shopping Our Stash #144

Hello, friends!  Time for another fun challenge at Shopping Our Stash!  This week we want you to use your oldest tree stamp.  Easy right?  I have to admit when I found out what our challenge was I couldn't immediately think of a tree stamp in my collection but I thought to myself there must surely be one in there somewhere….or not!  I finally stumbled upon one in a tiny set from the dollar section at Joanns that I had purchased for my daughter a few years back and she put in my stamp collection.  If you are familiar with my cards you know I use mostly images of sweet little children….not trees.  Thank goodness for that small set of stamps!
The tree stamp is very small so I decided to make a gift tag.  I used a Spellbinders die to cut the tag shape from solid CS and a scrap of DP.  Then I cut the same shape from cream and stamped my tree on there.  I added some buttons from my stash and there ya go!  Not one of my usual creations but I had limited supplies!  And now I have two gift tags for Christmas!

There you have it.  My post is short and sweet because, after all, what more can I really say about these simple tags?  I hope you have better luck in your stash and won't you share with us what you make this week?

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

6 comments:

  1. HA! i soooo totally hear ya, turns out i only have 3 trees (2 are xmas!) and the one i used was tiny, as well. i think you've done BRILLIANTLY, not only in using this one w/o it looking to teeny, but also in using a sort of simple line stamp in your own gorgeous layery style and having it work PERFECTLY! (plus now you're ahead on xmas tags, of which one can never ever have too many!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tags with that fun tree image, and I love the button accents too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry we caused you angst and made you use something outside your usual style. :) They came out GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute gift tags, love the button you added, A fine job for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic gift tags! Love them! That's a super cute tree stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trees are sweet but OMGosh!! did you make that little cottage?! wow... I'm bowing!!

    ReplyDelete