Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Shopping Our Stash #143

Hello friends!  Happy Tuesday!  Time for another challenge at Shopping Our Stash.  This week our theme is "Buttons and Bows".  Sounds girlie huh?  I've been cuddling a tiny baby girl at our church and I think girlie stuff is too fun these days!
 I used a great collage sheet called Stitched with Love by iralamija.  It's a great shop, check out her beautiful images!  The DP is from MME.  The lace, buttons and teal seam binding are all from my stash.  I sewed the edges as I almost always do, only this time I used my birthday present.
Isn't it beautiful?  I've wanted one for a long time and when this was posted at my local quilt shop I had to check it out!  Someday I hope to have a studio for all my art that's not attached to my house.  This will have a special place for sure!
One of my boys tinkered with it for several hours and got it to sew as well as wind a bobbin.  This thing is a tank!  I'm pretty sure it would sew easily through your finger….thankfully I don't have first hand proof of that.  I did have a hard time getting it going forward each time.  I also broke the thread many times and my stitching is crooked.  Also, on the panel in the picture above my DP is crooked.  Not terribly so, but it is and it bothers me a bit ;)
I skipped sewing the tags to the matting so they wouldn't be crooked.
 Here's the inside.  I used more of the images from the collection.  I simply couldn't make a decision of which to use so I decided to use them all!  The sentiment on the front and the inside are from Becca Feeken.
 See?  I used all the images!!
And here is my finished card in front of my prized machine!

Now it's your turn.  Find your buttons and bows and join us this week!

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Michelle, that Singer sewing machine is fabulous! What a great find! As to your card, again, another stunner! Love that you just HAD to use all the images on your card! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooooooooh! ok, i already loved that gorgeous card, but the antique singer sewing machine is FAB!!!!!!!!! what an awesome find, AND it works, too?! you lucky duck!!! so very cool, congrats to you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage card, super sewing machine, great used of the buttons and bow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, is that in the original base? Does it flip down inside for storage?!?!?! JEALOUS!!!!!! It's a true find! And it WORKS! BONUS!!!!!

    Oh, yeah, I like your card, too. :) Yay for using all the images! I still can't get over how you do all 4 sides of your cards.

    *goes back to look at the sewing machine again*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! The card and the sewing machine! I love the vintage look and feel of your card. I am with you on the girly stuff, my cousin had a baby girl late last year and I just can't get enough of her (and buying pretty pink frilly things for her!!)

    ReplyDelete