Wednesday, April 6, 2011

For My Dear Friend

This lovely little image from Lily of the Valley reminds me so much of my best friend and I.  We didn't know each other as little girls, but I imagine if we did we would have sat on a little brick wall after picking the first of the spring flowers together.  She and I both love our flower gardens and I'm sure that same tie that binds us now would have back then.
I used the sketch from Mojo Monday.  Don't you love sketches?  For me, it makes a card so easy.  Thanks to all you lovely women who come up with sketches for the uninspired, like me, to follow.  It makes things so much easier!!  Anyway, I used great papers from K & Company (don't you love their stuff) called Classic K McKenna.  LOOOOOOVE this pad!!  :)  The patterned papers are layered on a medium shade of chocolate brown (like milk chocolate...lol) but it doesn't look like it in the picture.  Still trying to get this whole picture-taking, getting-the-lighting-right thing down.  I think I need to have a chat with my photographer BIL.  I'm sure he'll have an answer for me....at least I hope so.
The ribbon and lace are from my stash.  The lace is actually vintage I believe  :)  I used an antiquing gel (for wood) to shade the edges of my paper.  I wanted a vintage-y sort of feel.  It's the first time I've tried it, and while it isn't great I'm pleased and I will try it again.  I added adhesive pearls and a stick pin I made from my daughter's stash of beads again  :)  Thanks girlie  :)
I kept the inside simple because the papers are just so gorgeous!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Mojo Monday - sketch

Thanks for taking a peek!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love those papers!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Happy Crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most welcome ;) I forgot I had those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty sweetie, thank you for joining in our challenge at "Sunday's with Crissy" big hugs pops x x

    ReplyDelete