Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sweet Baby Box

I am so excited about this project!  I spent all afternoon yesterday working on it.  I made it for a special young couple who just had their first baby.  I hope you enjoy looking at it!

OK, so much to say about it....where to start?  I hope this all makes sense!  My original inspiration was from Kirsten.  Her box was so wonderful I had to make one!  She has a great tutorial.  I've made one using her dimensions, but I changed them for this design.  I wanted to use my MS PATP, so I picked the 8" size.  The rest of my dimensions were based on this size.  The adorable image is from Mo's.  He's called Baby boy s and I think he is adorable.  She has several images like this, boy and girl, and different hair styles.  I loved the wispy little hair on this guy.  I used Coordinations cardstock (Joanns sells this, and it frequently goes on sale for a great price.  I like it as well as Bazzil, but I never see Bazzil on sale.) and a great DCWV pad called Nana's Nursery.  This was the boy pad.  There's also a cute girl one I want to get.  :)  After I punched my 2 large blue squares I used a cotton ball and Not Quite Navy (SU) ink pad to ink the edges on both sides.  I really like how that turned out.  My layers are pretty simple.  I used the sketch from CLP this week.  I sewed all the layers (of course)  The ribbons, lace and buttons are all from my stash as is the little fluff of marabou in the corner.  I made my own pins in the corner.  I used beads from my daughters stash  :)  (she "borrows" from me so, I think it's only fair!)
Here you can see how the drawers open up.  I have to tweak my numbers a bit, the drawers are slightly difficult to open, but I think this one will be OK.  I'll adjust that on the next one.
Here I pulled out the 4 drawers so you can see each one.  I thought this box could be used to hold special things from baby.  I used my Spellbinders Labels Four Nestie to cut the labels.  I just used my computer to print out the words on cardstock first.  I lined the bottom of each drawer with patterned paper and added pearls to the corners, and bows above the labels.
Well, I guess I was in too much of a hurry to notice I selected the picture that was sideways, and I'm not sure I can flip it around here.  Anyway, this is the bottom of the box.  I used brads for the feet.  I added my personalized stamp too.

I will be entering this in these challenges:
Mo's Challenge Blog  Buttons and Bows
CLP  Sketch
Stamp Something  Digi Day

Thanks for taking a peek!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is absolutely stunning!! I can't imagine hoe much time and effort went into this little work of art! Your image and coloring are fabulous...and I love those DPs. How delightful that each drawer has a stated purpose! Utterly delightful! And those cute buttons and gorgeous bow w/the feather just couldn't be more perfect!! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us...and thanks, too, for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! And delicate and pretty and soft and sweet... Thanks so much for playing with us at Mo’s DP2! We appreciate your support!
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful keepsake this is! I love the way you've labeled the drawers. Love the papers and embellishments, too. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the buttons! So cute! Thanks for joining us at Mo's Digital Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soo adorable! Love everything about it - cute papers, cute image - just cute, cute, cute - all over! Me, too - love the way you used the buttons! And great take on our sketch! :)
    Thank you so much for entering the CLP sketch challenge! Hope to see you play along in May, too!

    Hugs, Hege

    ReplyDelete