Friday, September 7, 2012

Another Fairy for Me!

Hello dear friends.  Thanks for coming by today.  As the title of this post says I have another adorable fairy project today....and she's just for me!  All 3 of my girls want her and my oldest told me I "crushed all her hopes and dreams" when I said she wasn't up for grabs!  (and my oldest is 21  :)  lol) Anyway, I used one of my favorite fairies from Mo Manning.  She is from the set 3 baby fairies.
 I know you've seen her here before, but I couldn't resist using her.  I really wanted to make something just for me and I really love this cutie.  I colored with with my Prismacolor pencils and added Stickles to her wings.
 I picked up a small composition book and covered it with this gorgeous paper from Hobby Lobby.  That gorgeous pearl flourish is from The Paper Studio and I also picked that up at HL.  All 3 ribbons were from my stash.  I inked the edges of my paper with black ink this time.  I was a little nervous  but I like how it turned out.
 There's no decoration on the inside to show, but on the back you can see this gorgeous paper!  I wasn't sure how the image and the paper would look together when I picked them out the other night but when I got up in the morning and looked again my muse sang "yeeeeeeees!!!!!!"  She was very excited!
I think you can see the dimension in the flourish here.  There are small porcelain flowers mingled with the round and marquis shaped pearls.  I've had it in my stash for a while.  It was fairly large for a card but here it's perfect.  (I did snip it apart where it met the bow and continued it on the other side.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
The Ribbon Carousel - Beautiful Bows
Papertake Weekly - Anything
Tuesday Alchemy - Anything
Sketchy Colors - Sketch
Anything But a Card - Anything but a card!

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

9 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Michelle! I love that image so much and you have coloured it beautifully!! Love all the pretty details including that fabulous bow! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! great job! love all the details!!

    Thanks so much for joining us this week on
    Tuesday Alchemy.
    Cheers!
    Kelli
    Loves Happy Hour

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your fairy!! And an altered comp book is perfect for our challenge over at Anything but a Card! Thanks so much for joining us

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand totally why your daughter would want this totally beautiful project that you have created Michelle. The touch of glitter, shiny ribbon and pearls finishes your book of so delightfully. Thank you for playingon Anything But A Card Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautifully cute is this Michelle?? I so love her sparkly wings and the paper you've used behind her is stunning.
    Thank you so much for joining us at ABAC's first challenge and we do hope you'll join us again.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out down right STUNNING!!! Thanks for joining us at ABAC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful notepad sweetie!!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy Challenges!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit
    http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful idea to cover the book and make it so special! I love the papers and definitely this lovely Mo fairy is the perfect choice! Gorgeous!
    Glad you shared your talent with us at Mo's this week!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing. I can see why your girls wanted it. Thanks for joining us over at ABAC.

    ReplyDelete