Thursday, September 13, 2012

School Boy Charm

Hello friends.  Happy almost Friday to you!  Hope you've had a great week!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over at Mo's.  The challenge is to add buttons.  I have to tell you...this card started its life in my brain as a baby girl card.  And between my brain and the execution it turned into a cute card with a little boy.  Hmmmm How did that happen??  I don't even know, but I do like the results!
This cute little guy is called Harvard.  I colored him with my Prismacolor pencils.  You can't really tell but I added glossy accents to his glasses.
 So, I won't give you the long winding road my muse took to get from pink, baby girl card to argyle, blue, little boy card but it was an adventure.  I fought her tooth and nail but she won.  And she was right.  It looks great!  That argyle paper has been in my stash for some time.  I only had 2 small pieces left and they were the perfect size for this.  I cut off the top corner and folded the cream paper over to look like a collar.  I sewed all my buttons on.  (always do)
 Here's the inside.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Cupcake Challenge Blog - In Stitches
I Brake For Challenges - Use a Digi

I guess that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek.

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the special fold and the way you used the buttons. Thank you so much for joining us at Mo's Digital Pencil!
    Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just brilliant, a fabulous design and great stitching...thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fab card, perfect for our challenge this week. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable card. The little guy is absolutely charming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! Super cute image and I LOVE the design! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the sweaterish look.

    Thank you for joining us at Mo`s Digital Challenge this week.

    Hugs from Tine

    ReplyDelete