Sunday, September 23, 2012

SSiC #158

Hello lovely friends.  Thanks for stopping by today.  It's time for a new challenge over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.  This week the lovely Linda is our hostess.  She has chosen our verse and challenge.

"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well."  Psalm 139:14

You were made by a loving Creator.  You didn't just happen.  You are here for a purpose.  You were wonderfully made.  There are no mistakes in who or where you are.  Isn't that comforting?  The God of the universe made you.  He knows all about you.  He loves you.  Our pastor was sharing about the size of the universe.  He told us the Hubble telescope has sent back enough information that scientists believe there are billions of galaxies out there.  Can you fathom that?  As I was sitting in Bible study last night and pondering the vastness of God's creation I began to feel small and insignificant.  But our pastor went on to share that the same God that created all that vastness also created me.  The Bible tells us the very hairs on our heads are numbered.  How crazy is that?  If you ponder that you realize that it shows just how intimately God knows us.  God has shown me over and over how He is concerned about the smallest details in my life.  (And the big ones too.)  Nothing is too small to be taken to our loving Heavenly Father.  The Bible says we are to cast all our cares upon Him for He cares for us.  Sometimes I need to remember that.  And maybe you need to be reminded too.  You are His marvelous creation and He loves you.  Praise Him today and draw closer to His loving arms.

Linda's inspiration is from the portion about being wonderfully made.  She wants us to add something that we made to our cards.  I have been thinking about crocheting some roses to add to my cards lately so this was perfect!!  (Thank you, Linda  ;)  )

Our fabulous sponsor this week is A Day for Daisies.  They have the most endearing images and they are adding new ones too!  They have offered our winner a $12 gift card to their store!  How great is that?  I hope you decide to join in the fun this week!

This week I used a wonderful image from Janet at By Digital Paper.  I love her stuff and really should use it more.  I chose an image from Belle Jardiniere.  I won this set a while back and have been waiting for the right inspiration to use it and do it justice.  I am pretty pleased with how this turned out.
Is that not gorgeous??  Oh my goodness!  You can see I stitched the edges, added pearls, gold micro beads and a black flourish.
 I used the beautiful sketch over at CLP.  I am always inspired by their sketches!  I hope I do them justice.  I added some wide antique lace I recently picked up at a flea market, some narrow antique lace from my stash and some ribbon also from my stash.  I inked the paper doily a bit as well as the cream embossed paper.  See my little crocheted rose?  I actually made 5 and intended to put them all on my creation but...well....that didn't happen  ;)  oh well.  I'll have them for next time  :)
 Here you can see the beautiful DP from Hobby Lobby.  I used some old stamps from SU for the writing panel.
 Here's the back.
And another view.  I love how this card turned out.  So does my daughter....she wants it....  I told her sorry Charlie  ;)

I am entering my card in the challenges at:
CLP - Sketch
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Script (on my DP) and gold (the micro beads)

I think that's about it.  Be sure to hop over to all my Sister's blogs and see what wonderful things they made for their cards this week.  Then get busy and join us!!  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

5 comments:

  1. wow, is this gorgeous! I love the colors and that flower image is amazing! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful project. The are so many gorgeous details to look at. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is simply amazing! I love all the eclectic things you've combined, the lovely lace and the stitching, it is a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your card is gorgeous! Your flowers are beautiful! Such talent to be able to make those! Love this beautiful card! Have a blessed day! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully put together! With that wonderful flower front and center! thanks so much for joining us at CLP challenges this month! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete