Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #

Good morning dear friends.  I hope you have a blessed day today.

It's Sunday so that means it's time for another challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.  The very sweet and lovely, Sandie, is our hostess this week.  She chose our verse and challenge.

Sandie chose Ecclesiastes 3:1-8.  I'm sure you are familiar with this portion of scripture.  The author speaks how there is a time for everything under heaven.  Sandie would like to see us use a clock on our projects or use black and white to illustrate the vast differences in the scriptures.  As I was contemplating the verses and our challenge (and wandering around the paper-crafting section at Joanns)  I discovered a great stamp set from Tim Holtz.  The two sentiments in the set really spoke to my heart (and it had a clock face) so I simply had to bring it home with me.

With the possibility of being redundant I began thinking about my life since January 3, 2012.  God knew I would be in an accident.  He knew my injuries.  He knew how He would heal me.  And I know it was His will for me to grow in Him through all this.  There was a purpose for what happened and it is my responsibility to figure out what that purpose was/is.

I have decided that I AM NOT a victim.  I WILL BE in control.  I WILL take charge of my life.  The accident WILL NOT be the reason for any negative thoughts in my life.  God chose to heal me when the doctors said there was nothing they could do.  God gave me the strength to get out of bed everyday when I didn't want to.  God gave me 2 young boys who still need their mom.  God pushed me out the door to start running with my daughter so I could get in shape.  God has put many desires and dreams in my heart.  Dreams and desires that have been there a long time.  I have 3 extra children who need the love I can give them.  I WILL succeed.  I WILL be strong.  And I WILL love with all the love God has put in my heart.  I WILL go back to Brazil and share the gospel on the Amazon.  And I WILL live my life sold out for Jesus everyday.  There is a time for every purpose under heaven.  It is TIME (again) to stand up and proclaim what Jesus has done for me.

This was, obviously, all about me.  These were the things that filled my mind as I though about these verses and our challenge.  So, I made something for me.
Like I said, I picked a new stamp set from Tim Holtz, Life's Possibilities.  The sentiment I used for the front is so inspiring.  It's what I want to remind myself when I get discouraged.  God has a plan and a purpose for me.  I can choose to be defeated or not.  If I keep my eyes looking up and not on my circumstances I can do more, I can reach for more, I can be more.
I sort of used both of Sandies challenge ideas.  My colors are shades of black and white  ;)  I used a clock face paper and the clock face stamp to stamp the black paper in black.  I stapled a piece of vintage twill tape to the top.   I plan to use this in my Bible, the only book I read everyday, for inspiration and encouragement.
I used the other sentiment from the set on the back.  

The lovely people at Inspired Stamps are our sponsors this week.  They are offering a $15 gift card to one randomly chosen winner this week.


I think that's about it.  Be sure to stop by every one's blog this week and see what they have created for you.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post of determined surrender to the Father and all that He brings to you. Gorgeous creation once again, Michelle. Without a doubt, God gave you a big dose of artistic talent and it continually blesses me that you choose to use it to exalt His name. Blessings on your week. You go, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we have to be hard with ourselves and sometimes we just need a hug. I love this sentiment. A good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Michelle! You touch my heart, and I know your determination is also from the Lord, and it inspires me to think the same way. I pray for continued healing for you and am so glad you have been part of the SSIC team so I could get to know you a bit better. Blessings on your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bookmark is wonderful!! Your courage and attitude are a blessing and I know the Lord will bless you for your faithfulness!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bookmark! And yes, your attitude will keep things going, God has you here for a purpose! And it is to bless others as you already bless them by being a great mom and by sharing your stamping talents to spread the gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooo! Very classy looking! CAS and lovely, Michelle! (I like that black-on-black stamping!)Thank you so much for sharing from your heart...your words are an excellent reminder and challenge for us all!
    Blessings to you today!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete